Women’s Health Physio is aimed at helping women of all ages and backgrounds to overcome the health issues they may encounter through their life.
Unfortunately women’s pelvic health complaints are common. Did you know:
- 1 in 3 women who’ve had a baby experience incontinence
- 1 in 5 suffer poor bowel and bladder control
- 1 in 2 experience prolapse
- 1 in 5 experience pelvic and/or sexual pain
At Robina Physio on the Gold Coast, our goal is provide the highest quality of care and empower women to take control of their health.
Issues we treat include:
- Bladder and bowel incontinence and control
- Pelvic girdle pain (pre, during and post-natal)
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Diastasis recti (abdominal seperation)
- Mastitis (using therapeutic ultrasound)
- Return to sport/activity (inc running)
Men can often experience pelvic issues after prostate surgery. Learning how to perform pelvic floor exercises pre and post-surgery can greatly improve your muscle strength and control.
Most men are not even aware they have a pelvic floor! Did you know:
- Up to 70% of men suffer from urinary incontinence following prostatectomy surgery.
- 16% of males over 18 have overactive bladder.
- Erectile dysfunction affects more than 20% of men under 40 years of age, more than 50% of men over 40 years of age and more than 66% of men over 70 years of age.
A careful assessment and personalised treatment plan provided at Robina Physiotherapy on the Gold Coast can greatly improve bladder or bowel control, sexual dysfunction and pelvic pain. Your treatment will include:
- Progressive pelvic floor muscle re-training (using real-time ultrasound)
- A graduated strengthening and return to activity program
- Manual therapy for the pelvic floor, lumbar spine and pelvis