Pilates specifically targets the postural and deep core stability muscles of the abdomen and the spine. Clinical Pilates is also effective at training postural and breathing control having a similar relaxation effect as Yoga.
At Robina Physiotherapy we use Clinical Pilates on an individual basis to suit your goals and injury needs. This may include using equipment such as a reformer, or in small group sessions. Group mat work classes are popular and are available on Thursday evening.
Clinical Pilates may be beneficial for:
- Reducing back and neck pain
- Postural re-education
- Muscle control reprogramming
- Increased flexibility
- Improved core and glut strength
- Injury prevention
- Improved athletic performance
- Pregnancy and post-natal recovery
- Reduced stress levels
- Improved breathing patterns
- Body toning including a flatter tummy!
- A graduated return to exercise after injury, illness or long break
Either performed on specialised equipment such as a reformer or on the mat, Pilates will give you a sense of relaxation, well-being, postural strength and energy.
Times: 6pm – 7pm
Cost: $20.00 per person
Private health fund rebates available